Saturday, December 19, 2009

i am being held hostage by the weather

my daughter and i came down to williamsburg to have an early christmas with my parents. (they have other plans for the actual day) my plans included going home, which requires I-95 travel through virginia, today. with a blizzard about to hit washington dc, i am stuck. when i do arrive home tomorrow, i will have to plow my way from the car up the stairs. that is assuming i will have a space to park my car. worst of it is, i did not bring a coat, suitable snow clothes or shoes.
i just feel helpless and i hate that feeling.

update: i arrived home. it took 6 hours rather than the 3 1/2 it normally takes. what a delightful surprise when i saw that some guardian angel had not only cleared my parking space, but the stairs and walk leading to the front door!! god bless that kind spirit.

No comments: